My Angel

My Angel

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Review: When Blood Calls


J.K Beck has a PNR series that was recommended from a friend on Goodreads.com. I saw it at the grocery store and thought I'd pick it up since we had some rain and a long football game coming up (last weekend). Well, let me start by saying I would not recommend this book nor would I read another book. I thought with Kresley Cole on the front cover saying it was great, it would be...but sadly no.

The main characters Sara and Luke (Lucius)are merely adequate. I don't like my alpha-males to be this soft. I also don't like my smart women to play dumb. Lay that on top of the "oh, you just discovered all the underworld filled with Vampires, shifters, ogres, trolls, on and on and on and you are asking if the law of blah, blah, blah is still valid?" Give me a break...

The sex scenes are mentioned as having taken place, but you have to wait until page 296 to get any kissing and action in the flesh. Trust me, it wasn't even worth the wait. The pieces did not fit together and I found my mind making grocery lists while I was reading.

Maybe it is just me, but didn't enjoy this type of procedural book. I will have to give it a 3/10 (the continuity was very good and no spelling/typos)

No comments:

Post a Comment