My Angel

My Angel

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Guest Blogger Today...my mom


Baking Cakes in Kigali:
Mom just finished this book lakeside and was telling me what a great book. In the hope of diversifying a bit...we shall review via dictation.

The setting is Rwanda just after the massacre. Our heroine and her husband are there from Kenya as he has a job with University in Kigali. She, bakes. And she bakes cakes. The story moves along as they come to order cakes. She meets people from other cultures, walks of life and different life stages. They all share the love of cake.

Without having to recount the horrors of the massacre and its effects on Rwanda, this book in a most gentle way presents the stories and reveals the impacts of these events on the people from both sides of the tragedy. Highly recommended read...8/10 (mom's scale).

1 comment:

  1. When did you start blogging??? You have this life I know nothing about... LOL

    ReplyDelete