My Angel

My Angel

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sizzling Sixteen



My first Janel Evanovich book was High Five. My mom bought it at the grocery store in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada...needless to say, I read it. I didn't just read it, though. I devoured it whole. I laughed out loud so many times that my kids thought I was reading a joke book...Fast forward several years and my addiction to Stephanie has not wanned.

Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter, daughter, sometimes girlfriend of Joe Morelli, friend of Lula the former 'Ho, and would be lover of the hawtest man ever, Ranger...

This story started out quite slow and that is not usual for a Plum series book. I actually could have cared less if Vinnie was ever found. The best parts for me are always the banter with Lula and Grandma Mazur, and of course a book with Ranger AND LOTS OF RANGER IS BEST.

The dating situation with Morelli is currently in the "off" position, so I was very hopeful of each Ranger exchange. Also, I love to the count the black cars Stephanie goes through in each book. Only two..and the Mercedes is still going at the end of the book.

I read this one on the ferry to and from the mainland and I really enjoyed the second half of the book. The tempo picked up as did the silly factor, which is part of why I love Evanovich's books. The Metral and Hot Series are much the same. They are laugh out loud (LOL) fun and two women on the ferry asked me what I was reading and why I was laughing so hard.

A bonus for this book is Mooner. As many fans will recall, Moon Man saved Stephanie in the heart of Stark Street in a school bus a few books back. Ahhhh, that book had much Ranger too...Stay tuned for hopefully a Diesel book at Christmas and then Seventeen next summer.

Seventeen Again...Remembering Morelli and her first time on the bakery floor, perhaps. As for recommendation, a great series, but should be read in order for best results. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment