My Angel

My Angel

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Reading through the Night...


Okay, I have been reading more here and there since I have a huge set of experiments at work to do and they have been taking up 10 to 12 hours of my day. Then the kids, the DH and housework...ugggg. I need a Demon...And boy does Malkom Slaine deliver!

Kresley Cole is the word-smith of the paranormal today. She has picked up the gauntlet set by the AG and then some. What I enjoyed most about this book DftD (Demon from the Dark for those not in the acronyms) was the fact that we know Malkom is tortured and abused by Vamps we do not have to hear every gory detail over and over. He does let us know how it affected him and Carrow has some insight and shares her feelings about his reactions and of course his "big confession" that he was a blood slave...these aren't spoilers per say...but onto the spoilers

SPOILERS


The whole story revolves over a three week time frame which I believe will overlap with Regin and Lanthe's stories as well (time will tell). All are held captive by the viscious mortal hell bent on destroying immortals. The mortals believe that the accession is all about immortals killing mortals...Wellll, as the immortals put it, we don't even notice mortals so there you go, let us free...The interesting part for me was that Lothaire asked for Malkom's alliance...WHY? Then the evil LD came by and told Malkom to get his wife. WHY? Makes me think that more people than even these two have plans for our beloved Vemon...

As for the love story, I enjoyed Carrow and Malkom. The idea that one person could be his Demon mate and his heart beat (vampire bride) was interesting. Malkom wanted so badly for Carrow to be the "one". But as we know, witches aren't bound to mates like many other immortals. The Valk's run to their mate, the vamps have a beating heart for theirs, demons release their seed, on and on, but the witches decide. This was a scarry thought to Malkom. But what of Carrow....

Carrow was motivated by love and not just any love...it made her do and forsake people that she would never have done. The fact that her torque wouldn't fall off after LD walked past said that she was not evil and possessed no evil.

My favorite part was the end...I love a big fight, a cat fight and an immortal gathering. I love when favours are called in and they remind you of the past love stories that you enjoyed reading....I highly recommend. 4 1/2 out of 5 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment