My Angel

My Angel

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Review Sunday...
A friend gave me back a big pile of books that I had lent her. One that stuck out was "A Hunger Like No Other" by Kresley Cole. The first full length in the IAD (Immortals After Dark Series) after the novella Playing Easy To Get. I loved Emma and Lochlain is yummy with that accent and the big Were-body.
For any Vampire lover out there, this series is a MUST. I started into this series with Conrad Wroth's book, but quickly ran to the used book store to get this book. Hunger Like no Other is fun, fast paced and filled with the Lore characters and their histories. It is a good introduction into the work Kresley has created.
While Kiss of the Demon King was my favorite of all the books so far, this first book holds a special place for me. I love the Val-Hall girls and all their different powers and especially their viscous aggressive nature. Emma, the meek, the mild and the timid progresses throughout the book to be proud, tough and "the killer of kings".
Briefly, the love story is believable and you want to cheer for Lochlain, but also want to have him respect Emma and treat her right. The hardest part about being a mate for Emma is the fact that she was never expecting to find someone. No one could ever get past her aunts...then the Laykae, and not just any but their king that has been tortured by vampires for 150 years. While everyone comes to terms with her they are and who the will become...action, fights and some good old fashion cat fights erupt.
What I love about this book and the others in the series is that you get as many unanswered questions and sub-plot love stories as you get answers and HEA. Overall, KC is one of my favorite authors and her duella Deep Kiss of Winter with Gena was a great Christmas present to me this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment