My Angel

My Angel

Thursday, June 10, 2010

What is on my bed side table...

I just finished Fade to Midnight...While Sean was my favorite of the Shannon McKenna McCloud series, I had high hopes for his twin brother Kevin. I was however disappointed with the lack of family Bro-love. It was more of a "oh, ya, my brother I haven't seen in 18 years. Super, now stop getting shot at long enough so I can yell at you and ask you where the ---- you've been all these years."

I am hoping that this resolution comes about in Bruno's book, cause you know that the brother will be adopted by the McClouds, just like Rosa has inserted herself as grandma. The highlight for me was of course the all too brief Tam appearances. The idea that Val was staying behind to protect the women and children was also laughable.

Onto other books, I have been too busy to pick up Red Demon so I read a cute Harli-Blaze about the "Sons of Chance". A good read and I find myself looking forward to the brothers Gabe and Jack in July and August. Rarely do I follow the Blaze series unless by chance purchases in the grocery store. But these books make great economical fill ins when I am in between books. Walmart has them 30% all the time and often with buy 3 get 1 free.

Other books on the list is another Marion Keyes (Lucy Sullivan Gets Married). While I loved Sushi for Beginners, This Charming Man and Watermelon, the last two I read have left me with a rather gaping whole in heart. "Anybody Out There" was so touching and heartbreaking and yet there was not HEA yet...Hopefully in Helen's book this will be resolved. Rachel's Holiday was also a huge cry for me, but she got her man and we saw this relationship play heavily in Anybody Out There.

Still on my to finish list is "The Friday Night Knitting Club". I keep wanting to get into it and then for some reason I don't. I think this one is a beach read...will save for warmer weather. The Mortal Instruments series (City of Bones, Ashes, Glass) were well received by my son and niece so I feel I should read these too, just to check them out...After all, I discovered Twilight from a sweet girl at the bookstore back in 2006. Other ideas for books always welcome.

I plan to read the books in the Sizzling Summer Reads with Sarah from Smart Bitches, Trashy Books...these will also be included in my 100 books of 2010...Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment